Monday, May 1, 2017

Project 1: Beta Release

Here are  a summary of what I have learned from this project.
RF: this first area is the most important because it have me a job in the field of RF engineering. Who iuld have thought. I never really paid attention in my EM classes but here I am. I've leaned transmition and reception. I've learned basic operations of antennas as well as transmitting and receiving signals through an wifi module. Nrf24L01 which is a great module. I would recommend using this module on your RC DIY, it has great range and can be further improved with modification, up to 100 meters straight line.

3D printing: this is second on the list because this is what I have been doing for the past 3 months now. Ever since I bought a 3D printer I was just hooked into how much you can do with your imagination. I have orinted hundreds of designs and I love every moment of it.  Trust me its fun as hell. If you are a creative/ DIY person who wants to make their own stuff please, get a 3D printer now if you dont already have one.

The third set of skills that I have gain has to do with what I went to school for. Electrical engineering related. I further improve these skillser by doing this prject. The first is Arduino designs, I'm now very comfortable with arduino related and I know many tricks to debug and havk arduino codes and circuits. My soldering skills amd PCB designing, laying out, and troubleshooting pcb also improved. On my recent design the for the receiver pcb the pins are not right, pin 10 and 11 were supposed to be 11 and 12. Which caused the nrf24l01 to not be working properly and I was not receiving any signal. It was a hassle to debug. I also learned regulators circuits inlcuding buck converts and standards regulating designing using transistors. Though the design was not perfect I was still getting pretty close operating voltages for my headligjts and servos. One problem with the PCB though one of the switches are not working properly om the transmittor board which for some reason I can not seem to find the .brd schematic. I might have deleted it accidentally which totally blows. Luckily I have 2 switches there so I emded up just using the other switch instead. One of the switches was supposed to be operation mode. Flipping that switch is supposed to send a bunch of operating sequences that control how my RC behaves. Oh well I dont really need it anyway so it is okay to leave it out for now I guess.

The final import set of skills that I've leaned is 3D modeling. I use schetchup becaise it is free amd it gets the job done. It is not the best 3D designing tool if you are really making money you can go with the industrial softwares. Anyhow st my current state I'm efficient enough to make any designs that you want as long as you give me the dimensions of the part. I already make some money 3D printing and I predict that it is only going to get better.

For my Next project I'm designing 3D printed Riven blade from Leage of legends with LEDs integrated. Stay tuned I think thisnis going to be fun and beneficial.

As the conclusion here is the robot. Please feel free to check him out at my YouTube channel
.


No comments:

Post a Comment