Monday, April 24, 2017

New and Improved Front Sterering System

So I thought my RC Robot was a little low. I bought 4 new monster wheels which bas 130mm in diameter and boy does it look good on my RC. Only 1 problem though, the front sterring arms was carving into the side of my wheels. Also the wheels are locked when they turn due to the fact that my previously designed axle are very short. So it is time for a new upgrade.
My new design consist of a longer axle and a better steering system which has a longer steering arms. The steering links are connected to both wheels to ensure even power distribution. The previous design only has one steering arm attached to the right front wheel. This works on a smaller wheel, however on a more massive wheel there seems to be a power issue. The front left wheel was very unresponsive.
I highly recommend the new design if you are interested in printing this. You can find the stls at my Thingiverse page:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2245652
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2170283




No comments:

Post a Comment