Monday, March 20, 2017

New motor control board. I'm in love

I came across the cytron motor driver board on roboshop.com and now I'm completely happy with what I got. Originally, the l298n was not up to the task. It gets very hot after maybe 5 minutes of operation and I could litterally feel the electricall smoke (which is a familiar scent). The worst part is that it is lowe power, 2-3A on paper I believe and it really struggles to drive my RC motor. Thats when I thought it was a good time to buy a new motor driver. This one is 10A so it would be more than enough to handle the current. The pinout and the wiring are almost identical. There is 1 pwm pinand 1 direction:polarity pin and the logic table is written on the board. Both pins high means forwards, pwm high and dir pin low meams backwards. Pwm low mean stop môtr. Fairly simple.
The only downside is tbat I wont have my 5v regulator anymore which is kind of sad. But I'm adding my own regulator using some transistors. So far seems to be working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment